Monday, August 13, 2007

Giuliani and Fascism

As the summer winds down, I am less and less likely to be posting much. But since I am waist-deep in writing an article about authority and the state in Samuel Beckett's Murphy, I thought I'd pass along this article, which comes via BoingBoing, in Rudy Giuliani looks like the clown he is.

Let me quote it:

“Freedom is not a concept in which people can do anything they want, be anything they can be. Freedom is about authority. Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do.”

Oh boy, oh boy.

1 comment:

traxus4420 said...

Someone's been reading someone who's been reading someone who's been reading someone's who saw something on TV that reminded them of a movie written by someone who once read Thomas Hobbes in graduate school before dropping out.