Thursday, January 21, 2010

Reatard documentary

"I don't like to hear the audience talking or clapping or anything. I don't feel like that's how music is supposed to be seen -- as like these individualized, compartmentalized little songs where people are supposed to feed your ego by clapping to approve or disapprove of the last thing that you did."

On a tip from one of the commenters, I googled this Jay Reatard documentary. Very cool! As I wrote a few months back, Jay actually had a very sophisticated sense of craft, and for me watching him talk about music is a really strong reminder of what a sophisticated artist he was. And I think that the quote above justifies my post on Jay from two days.


Waiting For Something - a short documentary about Jay Reatard

Jay Reatard | MySpace Music Videos

No comments: